1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Non-toxic furniture, rugs, bedding, etc.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by PearlGirl26, Oct 29, 2013.

1. PearlGirl26

PearlGirl26 Living with CFS for years, recently diagnosed.

CA
    I'm in the market for new bedroom furniture, a couple of rugs and some new bedding. Does anyone have suggestions/good experiences with specific companies? Normally, I would go vintage for the furniture, but I fear mold and such. Is this an appropriate fear or am I being over the top? Any advice on the matter would be swell.

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Mold is certainly a legitimate concern! I moved a few years ago and had to get all new bedroom furniture. I found a quite nice all hard-wood, sort of vintage bedroom suite on Craig's list and it has been fine. But I live in a very dry area and you wouldn't usually find mold on wood here.

Depending on your sensitivities, wool rugs can be good and natural fiber bedding that hasn't been treated with chemicals. There is a website with all natural fiber bedding etc. that is chemical free but I can't remember its name. You could probably find it with a bit of googling though.

Best,
    Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.