1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Non-coeliac gluten sensitivity — a look at the evidence

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Jan 8, 2014.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Great article. I'm still seeing that they are only attributing digestive symptoms with gluten in celiacs. Most of the celiacs I know report other symptoms too.

I know one who just gets argumentative and has no digestive complaints. One who gets hand pain. Several reported ataxia. I get insomnia, myoclonus and a few spots that are probably DH.

With all the biopsy proven celiacs out there this would be an easy study.

They've really missed the boat on this.

tc .. x

3. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    There are other threads on this - do a title search for 'gluten'.

Two that I started are here and here.

It's very unfair that only coeliacs can get gluten-free food on prescription in the UK. I wonder whether that is one reason for the repeated official denials that non-coeliac gluten sensitivity exists...a broadening of the free prescription criteria would be rather expensive for governments with free healthcare systems.

4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I get full body swelling from gluten and some other foods, though I don't have a proper allergy. It's noticeable even to doctors :D

5. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

From Nutrition and Neuroscience.
    The Prevalence of Antibodies against Wheat and Milk Proteins in Blood Donors and Their Contribution to Neuroimmune Reactivities.
    http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/6/1/15

I get joint pain after gluten exposure...especially in the hands and feet/ankles.

See more popular forum discussions.