• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Noam Chomsky (documentary/analysis on the media)

Manufacturing consent:

Free documentary/analysis on Hulu by Noam Chomsky about the media. It's long but well done I thought.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/118171/manufacturing-consent

amazon book for those that prefer to read, instead of television:

Herman of Wharton and Chomsky of MIT lucidly document their argument that America's government and its corporate giants exercise control over what we read, see and hear. The authors identify the forces that they contend make the national media propagandisticthe major three being the motivation for profit through ad revenue, the media's close links to and often ownership by corporations, and their acceptance of information from biased sources. In five case studies, the writers show how TV, newspapers and radio distort world events. For example, the authors maintain that "it would have been very difficult for the Guatemalan government to murder tens of thousands over the past decade if the U.S. press had provided the kind of coverage they gave to the difficulties of Andrei Sakharov or the murder of Jerzy Popieluszko in Poland." Such allegations would be routine were it not for the excellent research behind this book's controversial charges. Extensive evidence is calmly presented, and in the end an indictment against the guardians of our freedoms is substantiated. A disturbing picture emerges of a news system that panders to the interests of America's privileged and neglects its duties when the concerns of minority groups and the underclass are at stake. First serial to the Progressive.

http://www.amazon.com/Manufacturing...4499/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317427374&sr=8-1

SilverbladeTE

Not really a surprise :/

See Megrahi and the utter one-sided garbage the US media have been feeding about him for years to the US public, so when US folk were asking me WTF my country was up to, I had to show them the facts.

Beyond any other reasons, the big one the Scottish government let him go free was because his second appeal was going to blow up in everyone's faces
So, releasing him prevented the risk of a wrongly jailed man dying in a Scottish jail (and the resulting ****storm)
Prevented it exposing the ugly facts the USA had at best, made a very ugly botch of the gathering the evidence, if not outright tampering for a "frame".

Just os folk get this, I actually know the folk & town of Lockerbie, used to do weekend shopping there before the bombing, 170 victims were American, 100 were not, 11 on the ground were killed, it was like a napalm strike :/
I want the sods, whoever they are, caught and given an honest, fair trial. It's not about revenge but the rule of law and justice.

And several of those involved with the prosecution have stated in past couple of years they'd never have allowed Megrahi to come to trial, never mind be prosecuted if they had know the truth about the FBI/CIA evidence.

Gadaffi's a psycho, but sitll no excuse to pervert the rule of law for political ends, ESPECIALLY when it's let the real murderers get away.
It was almost certainly Iran, not Libya, for those who have been misled by their media.

http://www.johnpilger.com/articles/lockerbie-megrahi-was-framed

Pilger's one of the few folk for ecades who exposed the garbage that's been going on.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find a good video on that.

Did you watch the video? It's free on Hulu. No special software required.