Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

*no* response to high dose methyl b vitamins

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by xena, Apr 6, 2017.

1. xena

xena Senior Member

Weird right?

Previously I was getting overwhelmed with ammonia symptoms if I took any b6/p5p.... Now I'm taking up to 10 mg mthf, 5 mg mb12, 50 mg p5p, 100 mg riboflavin... And... Nothing

Except diarrhea from the mannitol in the folate pills

I did get a response just eating foods like liver or Lentils or even meat... I'm feeling like the high dose mthf / mb12 is throwing something off, but not sure what

@aaron_c @ahmo @caledonia

2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    You're taking a lot more folate than B12 - could be causing methyl trapping and that's why no response.

Click on my signature link to see my document, Roadblocks to Successful Methylation Treatment, and many other methylation resources.

3. vortex

vortex Senior Member

I assume you have verified you have MTHFR,

But since you have had no response I am wondering what exactly are your defects ?

Also, maybe some other background on what health issue you have, is it cfs or anything else?

I know that high unmetabolized folic acid can block the effects of methylfolate.
    Do you eat alot of products that have fortification and or lots of greens like salads?

See more popular forum discussions.