• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

No publication without confirmation

Although not about ME/CFS, its subject matter nonetheless seems pertinent, given current concerns. Although this is about animal studies, it is still addressing issues with competing pressures regarding publishing results versus quality of results.

http://www.nature.com/news/no-publication-without-confirmation-1.21509

No publication without confirmation
22 February 2017
Jeffrey S. Mogil and Malcolm R. Macleod propose a new kind of paper that combines the flexibility of basic research with the rigour of clinical trials.
Although when I read "with the rigour of clinical trials", I am not so confident. Thought it might be grist for comment though.

Overhyped science reporting has always been a bit of a mine field, but today's trend of fake news seems to be creeping into everywhere. The nutritional claims on some so called superfoods and the rise of pseudoscience in food allergies are just 2 examples of really poor undisciplined science reporting that have somehow become fact.