• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

No proper medication for Tachycardia

Gingergrrl

Yes exactly the main problem hypotension nothing works for it
I Take midodrine snd fludrocortisone

The first thing that actually helped my hypotension was IVIG plus Midodrine. I'm usually around 100/70 now (vs. 80/50 for 2-3 years no matter what I did)! Florinef (fludrocortisone) did not raise my BP and gave me horrible headaches/head pressure when I tried it in 2014. I also take Atenolol for POTS.

I do not know what will happen w/my BP once I stop IVIG. I did very poorly with IV saline, and I do not think my improvement from IVIG is from the fluid, vs. that it temporarily lowers the autoantibodies that are causing some of my autonomic dysfunction. Have you been tested for any autoantibodies?

The first thing that actually helped my hypotension was IVIG plus Midodrine. I'm usually around 100/70 now (vs. 80/50 for 2-3 years no matter what I did)! Florinef (fludrocortisone) did not raise my BP and gave me horrible headaches/head pressure when I tried it in 2014. I also take Atenolol for POTS.

I do not know what will happen w/my BP once I stop IVIG. I did very poorly with IV saline, and I do not think my improvement from IVIG is from the fluid, vs. that it temporarily lowers the autoantibodies that are causing some of my autonomic dysfunction. Have you been tested for any autoantibodies?
No
Never heard about that

Electrolytes drinks help my blood pressure and dehydration

Gingergrrl

No
Never heard about that

Electrolytes drinks help my blood pressure and dehydration

No worries and I was just curious. Electrolyte drinks never helped raise my BP as much as I wanted them to and I tried them all for several years!