Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

No "PMO" seems to have a huge impact on hpa-axis

Discussion in 'Adrenal Dysfunction' started by drob31, May 17, 2017.

1. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

First of all, this post is geared toward "adrenal fatigue," but it may have an impact on the hpa-axis even if there are more issues.

All of the reports, and there's 10's of thousands of them online ( https://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/comments/2r024e/18_weeks_of_no_pmo_what_its_like/ ) if you search, are anecdotal. Infact, "science" disagrees with this phenomena. I however have experienced it first hand. It's not a cure for anything, but it seems to help allot with allowing the HPA-axis to work better.

There are many theories for this:

• Zinc deficiency corrected
    • Cortisol levels normalized
    • Dopamine issues in brain corrected
    • Testosterone levels normalized

I'm not sure what the correct answer is, but the behavior itself is ubiquitous, and at the same time taboo. Also, I think the no-PMO is mainly focused on males. I'm not sure how it related to females. With that being said, I think it's the single most important thing to make my brain work better, and reduce symptoms than anything else.

@Hip

iwillwin1day, sb4 and Thinktank like this.
  2. Lolo

Lolo Senior Member

AUS
    Mmmm I didn't know what PMO was until now.:D Sorry can't add anything to the discussion.

3. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    First hand, you say? :lol:

Sorry - schoolboy humour.

sb4 and Manganus like this.
  4. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I know it seems like a joke but honestly there is something to it.

5. NotThisGuy

NotThisGuy Senior Member

Germany
    @drob31

Can u explain what symptoms improved?

I also read that sperm contains glutathion and carnitine... so maybe its not just hormone levels and HPA axis.

6. The Chronicals

The Chronicals The '59 Sound

London
    Copper Toxicity is also one to include - copper has the biggest effect on the HPA.

7. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Basically mood and energy improve the most. I know it seems like a joke but the PMO thing is a huge movement. It's not the cause of ME, but it could cause CFS like symptoms due to either mineral difficiencies or a complex reaction from nuerotransmitters like dopamine. Some people also have an allergy to their own...

sb4 likes this.
  8. NotThisGuy

NotThisGuy Senior Member

Germany
    ...sperm?

yeah I read about it. They call it chronic fap syndrome (cfs)...:D

9. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Here's the thing though. A very famous doctor in the nutrition world, Dr. Mariano claims that the reason no PMO helps is because when you PMO, it's pealing back a layer and exposing your symptoms, but PMO shouldn't cause these issues by itself.

10. The Chronicals

The Chronicals The '59 Sound

London
    Yet same doctor uses SSRI's , which basically farm the adrenals into exhaustion (been there, done that, done the five years withdrawal recovery)

sb4 likes this.
  11. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Yeah, I don't agree with SSRI's either, or with everything he says, but he does have a good point about how PMO shouldn't give you CFS.

12. iwillwin1day

iwillwin1day

I did 1000 day of nofap in the past and got CES(chronic energy syndrome). I was having so much energy that I was working 18 hours a day without any tiredness!!! I miss those past days ........

sb4 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.