Volunteer opportunity: Organizing Phoenix Rising articles
This section contains all the articles that have been published by Phoenix Rising over the years. As you will see if you browse here, some of the articles are outdated--either the research has been superseded or retracted or the article features an event or campaign that is now in...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

No pip

Discussion in 'Finances, Work, and Disability' started by Jessie 107, Nov 30, 2017.

1. nokmax76

nokmax76

Hi @Skycloud

I haven't made a thread but I will take up your suggestion. People need to know what they're up against and how the goalposts have changed yet again.

Skycloud and hellytheelephant like this.
  2. nokmax76

nokmax76

Skycloud likes this.
  3. lior

lior Senior Member

London
    @Jessie 107 how are you getting on with benefits applications?

I've got my PIP assessment in an hour... so nervous. Afraid they will not believe me.

4. Lisa108

Lisa108 Senior Member

Thinking of you @lior and keeping my fingers crossed! May you have the best of all outcomes!

5. lior

lior Senior Member

London
    Thanks @Lisa108 . I waited from 3.30 to 5.30 (I think - was totally out of it) and then they turned me away because it was too late. They had over ran with their previous appointment because they didn't label the claim correctly as a complex appointment so they didn't schedule enough time for it. So that left me f**ked. Spent a lot of energy for nothing. Angry.

6. Lisa108

Lisa108 Senior Member

Wow, I'm so sorry, @lior!
    That is terrible. What a waste of time & energy! Feel hugged! :hug::hug::hug:

I hope that something good will come of this, maybe at the next appointment you'll see a different assessor than the one you'd have had today and the new one will be better...

But still, this s*cks!

nokmax76 and lior like this.
  7. nokmax76

nokmax76

Sorry to hear that lior. I don't blame you for feeling angry and frustrated...but... even though it might not feel like it right now, every cloud has a silver lining and all that. The extra time may allow you to be even better prepared for your assessment though I'm sure you focused hard on it before. Also, I'm guessing you went to the assessment alone? I hope the delay allows you time to organise, if possible, someone to go with you. It tends to help the outcome if you're assessed with someone, especially if that person is supportive during the assessment. Or at least it can limit the lies the assessors tend to put in their reports if they know there's a witness.

Good luck.

PS I'm replying to this thread because I was notified about the replies as I've posted here before. Does anyone know how to turn these alerts off? Not for this thread in particular but I get alerts for threads I posted in years ago....

lior likes this.
  8. lior

lior Senior Member

London
    @nokmax76 just above the opening post it say 'unwatch thread' and 'ignore thread'.

I did have a friend with me... it was very helpful to have her there, she dealt with them so I could just rest. She missed the afternoon of work because of the appointment. I'm really lucky she's willing to make time to come to the rearranged appointment, whenever it may be.

I tend to anxiously over-prepare so I'm going to continue to struggle with trying to not do that. It would be more useful to spend my energy on other things.

Lisa108 likes this.
  9. nokmax76

nokmax76

@lior glad to hear you have such a supportive friend. Yes you are lucky, but the friendship says a lot for you as a person too.

Thanks for the heads up on ignoring threads. Now you've said it of course, it's obvious but then again, brain fog doesn't do obvious ;).

Once again all the best to you and anyone else going through this ludicrous assessment nonsense.

lior likes this.
  10. lior

lior Senior Member

London
    @nokmax76 you're sweet :) thank you. On what's 'obvious', I really had to look hard to be able to tell you - I'm in the same foggy boat as you!

11. Molly98

Molly98 Senior Member

:(:mad:

lior likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.