• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

No pain after alcohol

When I drink alcohol I have no pain whatsoever for generally two days. Then then the pain returns.
Obviously I don’t want to drink alcohol all the time I am wondering is there any medication I could try to substitute the alcohol
I would love to know why this is happening

Wolfcub

I don't know. But sometimes I get a similar thing. In my case it's not a terrible "pain" I get, but "horrible feelings". A constant nagging twingy ache over right eye, and sometimes slightly nauseous etc.
Now a few weeks ago I coldn't tolerate any alcohol at all. It always made the flu-ey feeling much worse. Even two teaspoonfuls! I could just about manage the 5ml of alcoholic Echinacea Angustifolia tincture I was taking.

But the last 2-3 weeks I have noticed if I feel really bad, sometimes a tiny shot of Brandy sipped very slowly will help me a lot.
Alcohol can sometimes be a medicine. Alcohol use, within careful limits, as opposed to alcohol abuse.
There's such a difference.
I remember when my old Nan was alive in the late 50s. The doctor gave her Sanatogen Tonic Wine -on prescription!