1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

no more gains after 5 months- and problems with mercury

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by suzanne, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Suzzanne,

Excellent!. think that these problems can all be overcome. You can drink Gatoraide, right? Then diluted enough potassium doesn't bother you. Gatoraide has too much suger and stuff and not enough potassium.

2. endomeister

endomeister

I would not take pycnogenol if you are suffering from headaches. It can induce tnf production and make inflammation worse, causing headaches and activating viruses. Garlic and many other supplements and herbs can also do this.

I agree with the comments about zinc deficiency, and the possible need to correct it. I don't know your medical history but have you been evaluated for pyrrole disorder? Assuming all of the more common things which cause frequent headaches have been ruled out (/wMRI, etc),then I would consider pyrrole disorder as a possibility.

In the mean time, you may find some relief from the headaches by taking the combination of feverfew and magnesium supplementation.

Several people I personally know have used this combination to resolve their migraines completely:

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Feverfew-100-Capsules/2449?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Olympian-Labs-Inc-Magnesium-Citrate-100-Capsules/9701?at=0

I suggest two capsules of each, twice daily with food. Good luck and let us know how you do.

merylg likes this.
  3. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Suzanne,

Let's consider headaches. I suffered from chronic daily headaches and a 3-5 day killer each 2 weeks. This went on more than 6 years. I charted them every day and after 6 years I figured out the cycle and was able to abort the killers. However, the daily chronic ones were of a different cause. They were thecaused by excrucatingly sore muscles and veins in my neck, jaw and scalp. The tight muscles, exhausted and contracted, are very painful. When the contractures in my neck went away, and the muscles normalized, and the inflammation in the veuns went away, the headaches went away. All this normalized over a two year period with mb12, adb12, l-carnitine fumarate, omega3 oils and cofactors including magnesium. And again, potassium may be a player. So for that, the question comes down to finding what decreases the inflammation of your stomach. For me, adding mb12 to the whole set of basic vitamins and minerals that I had taken for years removed most of the digestive system inflammation. I was taking Compazine supositories for daily nausea and vomitting. Can you find the sore veins and muscles or anything of the sort?

Perhaps the omly way to take some potassium is get one of the powders that goes into a drink and use it at perhpas 10% stength or whatever isn't irritating. So instead of a measuring teaspoon per glass or whatever it calls for, you use a shy 1/8th teaspoon more often. Potassium is strange in that regard. At low concentration it can taste sweet whreas at higher concentration it tases salty.

See more popular forum discussions.