• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

No Major Research Hospitals interested in XMRV?!?!

TheMoonIsBlue

I found that i got more response emailing the researchers at the university. Many ID doctors in practise are not interested in research, their practises are established and they have a full plate. There are ones at the university that are interested and I have kept in touch. It does help!!! Go for it!!! Get them interested!!

glen

Hey Glen,
Thanks for the tip! I think emailing researchers, as opposed to doctors who already have a very established and probably busy practice (and probably aren't very concerned with CFS in general) is a great idea.

I'm not trying to find any doctor at this point for treatment or anything, but if even one researcher becomes interested in XMRV, who knows what doors it will open in the future? I know XMRV is still far from proven to be the cause of CFS, but if more viral/immunology researchers became interested simply in viral activity and immune system problems in CFS patients, I would consider that atleast a small mission accomplished for our desperate community!

Timaca

Susan~ I was initially invited to be in the study, but then the criteria changed, and I no longer qualified.

Best, Timaca