1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

No Major Research Hospitals interested in XMRV?!?!

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by TheMoonIsBlue, Sep 24, 2010.

1. TheMoonIsBlue

TheMoonIsBlue Senior Member

Hey Glen,
    Thanks for the tip! I think emailing researchers, as opposed to doctors who already have a very established and probably busy practice (and probably aren't very concerned with CFS in general) is a great idea.

I'm not trying to find any doctor at this point for treatment or anything, but if even one researcher becomes interested in XMRV, who knows what doors it will open in the future? I know XMRV is still far from proven to be the cause of CFS, but if more viral/immunology researchers became interested simply in viral activity and immune system problems in CFS patients, I would consider that atleast a small mission accomplished for our desperate community!
  2. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

Susan~ I was initially invited to be in the study, but then the criteria changed, and I no longer qualified.

Best, Timaca

See more popular forum discussions.