Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, May 5, 2014.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    I'm sure those people you're in touch with are most grateful not to be alone in the dark.

2. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Leopardtail,

1975 -- that is a good long time to have been sick. And no computer or internet makes the days very long and dark indeed. I hope things are easier in some ways now than they were back then.

3. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Meandthecat,

Not mere ramblings, and not an old fool.:)

I think one thing this illness has done for me is that I can more readily sense when someone is ill or suffering. And while I was always a pretty kind hearted sort, after my own sickness, it becomes paramount to do something if I can, I know how terrible the suffering can be. Tough way to get greater sensitivity but it is a good thing to have. I think many of us have had this "gift" given to them, and we feel compelled to spread it around, limited though we may be.

GcMAF Australia and *GG* like this.
  4. Leopardtail

Leopardtail Senior Member

England
    Having a diagnosis made the difference, I only got it recently. The point was I had know way to 'learn the meme'.

GcMAF Australia and Jody like this.
  5. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    Theres a lot of interesting stuff on actionlyme,too complex for me

6. lookinglass

lookinglass Senior Member

Tenerife
    Thanks Jody for your reply. I have given up on medical help here in Tenerife and now successfully SKYPE with an excellent GP I came across on mainland Spain when we lived there 8 years ago. He is an English GP with an enlightened outlook and experienced with M.E and now lives i New Zealand. Thank God for the PC and the Internet and Skype!.

7. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Thanks Lookinglass,

Where would we be without the internet? I hope you make great headway with your doctor.

Izola likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.