The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

No Factive....available

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by soxfan, Mar 4, 2015.

1. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    Well...my husband who is a pharmacist just let me know that Factive is on long term back order from the manufacturer. So basically that means who knows when it will be available...as my husband is thinking months.

I now have to call my doctor to let him know and find out what he wants to use instead. I have been on so many combos that I am not sure what is left to try....In the past I have been on Rifampin...Factive...Bactrim...Zithromax...Levaquin...Biaxin...and that was just for Bartonella. I have been on many others for Lyme.

Anybody have any thoughts on what else I could take along with Rifampin?? I will let you all know what the doctor says.....

2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Doxycycline, minocycline, telithromycin, clarithromycin, Cipro, or Levaquin.

The macrolides work better with the addition of Plaquenil.

I'm not a big fan of the use of the fluoroquinolones in ME/CFS due to the interactions with GABA and potentially glutamate. But they are effective against Bart.

soxfan and Valentijn like this.
  3. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    I have been on Rifampin/Mino and Rifampin/Doxy in the past but only on Levaquin by itself. I have also been on Biaxin/Plaquenil/Amoxicillin.

I am going to ask about adding the Plaquenil when I hear back from him on what he wants me to take...Thanks!

See more popular forum discussions.