• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

No allergy symptoms while taking famvir.

sharks

The weirdest thing has happened to me since I started my famvir therapy. I don't get seasonal allergy symptoms. I started getting allergies when I was 19. 2 months before I was diagnosed with EbV/mono. 5 years later I was diagnosed with asthma. And I haven't had the usuall chest pain and congestion I used to get.

Thinking that my "allergies" were ebv the entire time.

No dr can tell me that's a thing. But it's so weird.

TenuousGrip

I just spent about 60 seconds looking into this. Some theorize that the EBV is banging up your (and my) immune system, and that the allergies are a consequence of this immune dysfunction.

If that's the case, then I could see why the Famvir might be helping.

I'd bet that smoldering infections (or "stuck" immune reactions subsequent to exposure) will be found to explain a whole lot of symptoms in the future.

sharks

I just spent about 60 seconds looking into this. Some theorize that the EBV is banging up your (and my) immune system, and that the allergies are a consequence of this immune dysfunction.

If that's the case, then I could see why the Famvir might be helping.

I'd bet that smoldering infections (or "stuck" immune reactions subsequent to exposure) will be found to explain a whole lot of symptoms in the future.
That's what I'm thinking. That my immune system was so beaten down for 13 years that I got allergies and sick all the time. Instead of anti histimines I need antivirals