Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NK Function - High

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by ttt, Jan 27, 2016.

1. ttt

ttt

Santa Monica, CA
    I just had my natural killer cell function tested through LabCorps, and it's high -- 75.2 LU10 (reference range 5.8−59.2). So strange. A couple years ago, Quest tested it using LU30, and it was low. So what does it mean to have high NK Cell Function? Does that mean autoimmunity?

2. Mij

Mij Senior Member

@ttt have you had a viral infection in the last six months?

3. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    Do you know your NK cell count?

heapsreal likes this.
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Good thought . If high could indicate some type of infection ?

5. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @ttt I am confused, does the Lab Corp range consider 5.8 to be a normal NK Function Count? I was tested in 2014 and 2015 and my NK functioning was 5 and then 6. By Lab Corp's range that you posted, this would be normal but my test was done with Quest and my doctor said it was a very low number. It is strange that you originally tested as 30 with Quest and was told it was low b/c I would consider that a normal number. Do you know what the Quest range was when you did the test b/c it seems so different!

See more popular forum discussions.