• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NK cells and SNP of specific ion channels and receptor genes in ME/cfs

Gingergrrl

Thanks for that!

Do you have a reliable list of high histamine foods? I seem to find different lists everywhere I go and the low histamine diet is something I want to try. No that's a lie. I do not want to deprive myself of yummy foods but I am thinking it is worth a try.

I use the SIGHI diet (from Switzerland) and while you will find some variation between lists, my MCAS doctor told me to choose one list and stick with it which is what I have done for the past year. The list is translated into English and it used to be free to download but now you have to pay to join the site. I have found it to be the most thorough and comprehensive of all the lists and it has been a very good guide and match for my specific issues. It even lists all of the artificial food dyes which cause anaphylaxis for me. I don't want to get off topic from the calcium channel study but if you PM me, I can give you more info.