The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NK cell function test

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by globalpilot, Feb 9, 2012.

1. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    I would like to have this tested. Looking at Redlabs in Belgium site I see they measure NK cell mRNA.
    what I want to know though is the response of my NK cells to a challenge. i think this is a measurement of the 'cytolytic' activity.

Does anyone know where I can have this done ?

Thanks,
    GP

2. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I got mine done in Miami, USA Dr. Nancy Klimas

3. chili

chili

Mine was sent to Focus Diagnostics, Cypress, CA.

4. Patrick*

Patrick* Formerly PWCalvin

California
    My doctor recently ordered this test for me, but I'm still awaiting for the results. The testing was done at corporate mega-lab Quest Diagnostics, and the price listed on the order form was only about $100 I believe. But I don't know if Quest's results would be as reliable as some of the smaller niche labs.

5. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Quest usually outsources this test, in CA to Focus Diagnostics in Cypress, CA.

6. Marg

Marg Senior Member

Wetumpka Alabama
    I got mine from Dr. Namcy Klimas. They do it at the lab at the U of Miami. Peterson now sends his patrints blood there for her testing of the immune system. I imagine you could probaly get it done by overnighting blood, that is what I do. I go for an office visit once a year. You could call them and ask.

7. Patrick*

Patrick* Formerly PWCalvin

California
    There's some worthwhile information on NKC tests in this earlier thread as well.

8. LHCTom

LHCTom

My Natural Killer Cell Functional Assay was done at Focus Diagnostics and my results were 28 LU30. The reference range was 8-170 but I was told Focus does not know where the range came from. So how does my 28 LU30 compare with others?

See more popular forum discussions.