• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NK cell function test

globalpilot

I would like to have this tested. Looking at Redlabs in Belgium site I see they measure NK cell mRNA.
what I want to know though is the response of my NK cells to a challenge. i think this is a measurement of the 'cytolytic' activity.

Does anyone know where I can have this done ?

Thanks,
GP

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
My doctor recently ordered this test for me, but I'm still awaiting for the results. The testing was done at corporate mega-lab Quest Diagnostics, and the price listed on the order form was only about $100 I believe. But I don't know if Quest's results would be as reliable as some of the smaller niche labs.

Marg

I got mine from Dr. Namcy Klimas. They do it at the lab at the U of Miami. Peterson now sends his patrints blood there for her testing of the immune system. I imagine you could probaly get it done by overnighting blood, that is what I do. I go for an office visit once a year. You could call them and ask.

My Natural Killer Cell Functional Assay was done at Focus Diagnostics and my results were 28 LU30. The reference range was 8-170 but I was told Focus does not know where the range came from. So how does my 28 LU30 compare with others?