• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

nk cell, cycle

I read on many sites that nk cell increases during menstrual cycle.
Doesnt that mean timing of test could make a difference? :confused:

( anyway, i just read EPA could lowered NK cell too.:confused:)

Gingergrrl

@Gingergrrl Hello :D and thank you for sharing. thats what i read when googling. Thats why i post a question here. I also just read EPA from omega/fish oil lowered NK cell. :confused:

I have no idea re: NK functioning and have never been able to tolerate fish oil. I tried three different versions and it gave me severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea. I am amazed that people can tolerate fish oil with no problems!

@Gingergrrl yes i also have digestive issue with it (some people too) the other day i google about fish oils from different brand theres also the enteric coated type which says not as problematic for digestion as the regular. Study shows its better for chrons patient.

Gingergrrl

I am not sure if I have tried the enteric coated version of fish oil but I am about to start a new med later this week and am not adding anything else new during this process. I try to eat fish like once a week and hopefully get the oil that way.