1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NK Blood test lab in UK

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by golden, May 18, 2013.

1. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    Can I ask which lab do people go to in the UK for a NK blood test? A bio marker for M.E. - right?

Thanks
  2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Mine went to the the USA once. This was through a doctor who arranged it though and he has left the UK.

I Know that Redlabs in Belgium does some immune testing but I am not sure if they do NK testing.

(my experience was that the lab in a Surry hospital (sorry cannot remember name) didn't return the same results and I wondered at the accuracy.
    golden likes this.
  3. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    I often wonder about NHS blood test accuracy.

But I think its better to find somewhere in UK to test as the additional time of blood travelling abroad concerns me a little.

I see the fertility clinics often test for NK including Uterine NK. As if they are too high this causes miscarriages. (just an additional bit of info I picked up!)
  4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    That's where I started learning about NK cells and activity

See more popular forum discussions.