Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NJCFSA Supports the NEI Center with Letter Writing Campaign

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by _Kim_, Apr 20, 2010.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

This week, the NJCFSA mailed their members the following letter, asking them to send letters of support for the proposed NEI Center in New Jersey. They included two letters addressed to Senators Weinberg and Bateman and even included pre-addressed envelopes to send them in. Their efforts are to be applauded. Thank you NJCFSA for making advocacy an easy task for people with ME/CFS.

[note] I have been given permission to reprint the following letter and have attached pdf files of the letters to the NJ senators.

View attachment Senator Christop&#10.pdf
    View attachment Senator Weinberg..pdf

2. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

UK
    Good luck with this Kim. Awesome work!

3. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    NJ Senate to Vote June 10 on Resolution to Encourage NEI Research Center in State

NJ Senate to Vote June 10 on Resolution to Encourage NeuroEndocrineImmune Research Center in State

June 8, 2010

The New Jersey State Senate will vote on a resolution (Senate Resolution #20) whereby the states Legislature would encourage establishment of a research center in New Jersey dedicated to studying multi-system and complex illnesses such as ME/CFS, FM, MCS, chronic Lyme, and Gulf war illness (collectively termed NeuroEndocrineImmune or NEI diseases).

If this resolution to encourage establishment of a New-Jersey based NEI Center is passed, the legislature would be agreeing to send copies of the resolution to the Governor of New Jersey and Commissioner of Health & Senior Services, and to key members of the U.S. Congress.

The NEI Center is a patient-driven community project of P.A.N.D.O.R.A.* Inc. in partnership with The Lanford Foundation-Lifelyme, Inc. To view their website explaining the envisioned NEI Center, go to www.neicenter.com.

Petition US Secretary of Health to Meet with NEI Center Advocates - Sign Now

P.A.N.D.O.R.A. has posted a petition that advocates can sign online, asking for a meeting with U.S. Secretary of Health Kathleen Sebelius to urge her support for funding of the envisioned NEI Center.
    ____
    * Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrineimmune Disorders Organization for Research and Advocacy

Link to petition is here: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/petitions/409#sign

See more popular forum discussions.