• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nitric Oxide supplement for fatigue?

I saw a product advertised with a high dose of nitrix oxide and they show a chart claiming fatigue levels dropped dramatically within a month and even more so after 2 months.

I don't even really know what Nitrix Oxide is but is it even safe? Does it work? It sounds too good to be true but maybe I should try it out.

cb2

a few years back i saw a cfs dr that rx'd nitrix oxide he said it helped his patients.. i tried it and like it but within a sort period of time i started becoming very light headed upon standing.. so i discontinued.. i am interested in seeing /tring the product you mentioned? and i will also check the other threads as sushi suggested.. thank you

ahmo

You might be interested in this thread. I've only gotten through the 1st page and 1/2. I'm dealing w/ NO by doing things to reduce peroxynitrite, per Martin Pall. There are links to him in my sig, but his website has been unavailable for some days, not sure what's going on there. My (extremely superficial) understanding is that, in part, by using antioxidants to decrease peroxy, the NO is increased.

a few years back i saw a cfs dr that rx'd nitrix oxide he said it helped his patients.. i tried it and like it but within a sort period of time i started becoming very light headed upon standing.. so i discontinued.. i am interested in seeing /tring the product you mentioned? and i will also check the other threads as sushi suggested.. thank you

It lowers blood pressure so if someone has low blood pressure with their CFS or POTS it can be tricky. I have no clue about this product but its http://healthdirectusa.com/product/258/Nature's-Optimal-Nutrition-Energize-(30-fl-oz).html

Saw it for $15 at the Vitamin Shoppe but it has so many ingredients I am kind of afraid to try it. I am thinking maybe a straight ntiric oxide supplement to see if that helps.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Dr Jay Goldstein's Instant Remission ME/CFS Treatments

The best way to raise your nitric oxide levels is to take nitroglycerin or one of its relatives. Nitroglycerin is converted directly to nitric oxide by the body.

At the height of my worst episode of ME/CFS, I took a 10 mg tablet of isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil), which is essentially a longer acting form of nitroglycerin. I went from being bed bound to working full time in three days. Within three more weeks, I had achieved complete remission of all symptoms, and I remained that way for almost all of the next eight years. I didn't even need the Isordil during that time.

However, as you may have gathered, I had a major relapse eight years later, a day after some minor surgery. And tolerance to nitroglycerin or isosorbide dinitrate can develop quickly; it never worked the same for me. However, some people are able to derive great benefits from it for long periods of time.

Wow that's amazing that it gave you 8 years of life back! I haven't heard of Isordil or Nitroglycerin I was looking into L-Arginine to boost Nitric Oxide levels but i also read it can make fibro/cfs worse so i dont know.