1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nitric Oxide: Good or Bad, High or Low in CFS/ME?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Lotus97, May 25, 2013.

1. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    There was a thread started about this in the Methylation/Chelation forum, but since not everyone follows that forum and the General Treatment forum I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about it here also. I think everyone is in agreement that peroxynitrite is bad. It's been suggested that increasing nitric oxide (NO) would be bad because it could lead to more peroxynitrite (ONOO), but I don't know if there's any consensus about whether or not it would be a good idea to take supplements that increase nitric oxide.
  2. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I'm confused by this person's article. They quote Dr. Pall, but then conclude that taking arginine is a good thing. I haven't read the whole article, but these are the sections I'm referring to:
    http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Research/CFS.html

3. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Someone posted this article about Dr. Pall in another thread:
    http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=12896

My response was the same as AFCFS
  4. kyzcreig

kyzcreig

This is a good post. It's true, perhaps NO isn't the problem as much as a dysregulation of the ONOO cycle, leading to potentially too much peroxynitrate and iNOS while eNOS and nNOS are depressed.
  5. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    NO itself only ever exists for nanoseconds (or less).

See more popular forum discussions.