1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nimodipine

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Waverunner, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Waverunner

Waverunner Senior Member

Does anyone have any experience with Nimodipine? It's a calcium channel blocker and seems to have some positive effect on brain recovery after stroke for example. It has anti-inflammatory effects, it seems to modify BBB permeability and increases oxygen delivery to brain cells.

http://www.ugc.edu.hk/rgc/rgcnews19/eng/05.htm

"Nimodipine can inhibit the equilibrative nucleoside transporter type-1 (ENT-1) , thereby increasing the local concentration of adenosine in the vicinity of adenosine receptors on endothelial cells. The increased stimulation of adenosine receptors may be a mechanism underlying the anti-inflammatory effect of nimodipine."
  2. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London

See more popular forum discussions.