1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NIH Webcast May 29-30: Self-Management for Chronic Pain

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Mark, May 28, 2013.

1. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    This meeting is webcast live and it's open to the public; it was mentioned at CFSAC that it might be of interest:

http://nccam.nih.gov/news/events/advancesforpain

Symposium on Advances in Pain Research: Integrated Self-Management Strategies for Chronic Pain

Date:
    May 29, 2013 to May 30, 2013
    Sponsor:
    NIH Pain Consortium
    Natcher Auditorium and Atrium
    Building 45
    Bethesda, MD 20892
    Event Description

The theme of this year's NIH Pain Consortium Symposium will be Integrated Self-Management Strategies for Chronic Pain. Topics will include:
    • Self-Management Strategies in Community Health Care Settings
    • Tailored Self-Management Strategies for Patients and Caregivers
    • Predictors and Indicators of Outcomes in Integrated Self-Management Strategies.
    A poster session will include a broad selection of current pain research findings presented by young investigators. Members of the extramural scientific community, the NIH scientific community, health care providers, and the public are invited to attend the meeting on the NIH campus or via NIH Videocast. NCCAM is a member of the NIH Pain Consortium.

See more popular forum discussions.