1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NIH Statisitics?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Andrew, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Not sure if it's here or somewhere else. There is information about how much NIH spends a year on MS versus CFS. Does anyone know where this is? Also, I think I saw figure of how much money NIH gives to studies that are not CFS, but they claim it is for CFS.
  2. Otis

Otis Señor Mumbler

USA
    Try this:
    http://report.nih.gov/rcdc/categories/

You'll be shocked w/ some of the #s.

Otis
  3. KnightofZERO

KnightofZERO

This is ridiculous the recovery act gave extra research dollars to everyone from Aging (Aging is a illness--really now?) to Vulvodynia but nothing for us. .:Retro mad:
  4. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Not surprised at all K of Zero, the stimulus bill was a huge waste of money and will only get worse! Heath Care for all!!
  5. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Thanks, Otis. That's exactly what I need.
  6. Otis

Otis Señor Mumbler

USA
    De nada. I happened to be looking at it the day before. Combined wirh disease population numbers for comparison this can be valuble info. Using fibro numbers might be a thought since we really overlap and I think fibro (alone?) is much more common than CFS.

Otis

See more popular forum discussions.