How we can hijack the media, in four easy lessons
Love it, hate it, good story, bad story... the media are going to keep reporting on ME/CFS no matter what. But isn’t it time that we saw that coverage as an opportunity?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NIH News: "Mississippi Baby" Now Has Detectable HIV, Researchers Find

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Firestormm, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    This was big news in March but unfortunately for the baby and for medical science the 'cure' has not turned out to be as was first reported:
    BBC News:

The BBC and many other news outlets reported this story back in March along similar lines (below) although as you might expect, several were far more sensational in their reporting:

merylg and Valentijn like this.
  2. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

I heard this on NPR when driving home last night. The doctor was being interviewed. Fortunately, even though the HIV antibodies have returned it sounds like she is doing well.

Thanks @Firestormm

Barb

ETA I haven't had a chance to read all of the above articles so apologies if I am repeating information. :rolleyes:

Valentijn likes this.
  3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    This is a good example I guess too of how viruses can hide out in the body for a long time without showing themselves but always there ready to flare up.

Waverunner, Valentijn and Tito like this.

See more popular forum discussions.