• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIH ME/CFS research

ljimbo423

We haven’t thought of Lipkin as a metabolomics researcher, but he’s now engaged in no less than three metabolomics projects with Oliver Fiehn of the University of California Davis:

a Simmaron Research Foundation cerebrospinal fluid project with Dan Peterson, a blood metabolomics study, and with the new research center, the first ever exercise metabolomics study.

If metabolism is indeed a key problem in ME/CFS, we can expect the already striking metabolic findings in ME/CFS to get considerably more striking as exercise and standing tests put ME/CFS patients metabolism to the test.

A metabolomics exercise study sounds like a very promising thing! It seems to me that exercise does something that knocks the stuffing out of my mitochondria. At least that's how I'm interpreting it rate now.:)

So, I am very interested in this study! I would think it would show some big alterations in the metabolomics, maybe some very significant ones.

Jim

1gooddog

A metabolomics exercise study sounds like a very promising thing! It seems to me that exercise does something that knocks the stuffing out of my mitochondria. At least that's how I'm interpreting it rate now.:)

So, I am very interested in this study! I would think it would show some big alterations in the metabolomics, maybe some very significant ones.

Jim

Gemini

Lipkin’s goal is a simple one – to come up with treatments as soon as possible. During a telephone conversation, Lipkin abjured the idea of an “ME/CFS research center”; he’s not building a center to research ME/CFS, he said, he’s building a center to find solutions for ME/CFS – hence the name “Center for Solutions for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CfS for ME/CFS)”. He anticipated that a variety of treatments are going to be needed for different people.

@Cort, excellent write-up of Lipkin's goals. It's six months since it was written, has Lipkin given any indication of which treatments he's currently working on?