Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NIH GARD website on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by halcyon, Aug 17, 2016.

1. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

I don't see this site mentioned often, but the NIH Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center site on CFS is pretty terrible, notably the treatment section.
    You can leave feedback using the link at the bottom of the page that says 'Suggest an Update'. I told them they should probably update this page to reflect the AHRQ addendum findings regarding the poor quality of the evidence for CBT/GET.

NL93, Mary, mango and 12 others like this.
  2. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    Tired of hearing this nonsense. Prolonged lack of exercise is the main thing that has led to an improvement for me, and I would encourage everyone to try it.

halcyon, NL93, belize44 and 9 others like this.
  3. NL93

NL93 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    So, Patients should become more active, but they should not overexert themselves. Do they not realise that people with this illness often do just about what their bodies are capable of doing? Not way too little (it's human nature to do things) and not too much (it's often painfully clear when something is too much)

And, i have a heart rate of 140 beats per minute when i am just standing in the kitchen. Sitting up my heart rate i usually about 100. I am limiting the standing up part to avoid crashes.
    So maybe, just maybe, i can't do 30 minutes of exercise without overexerting myself. :rolleyes:

Mary, belize44, TiredSam and 4 others like this.
  4. medfeb

medfeb Senior Member

belize44 and Sean like this.

See more popular forum discussions.