Dr. Bateman answers IOM questions from the community: Part 1
Clark Ellis brings us Part 1 of an interview with Dr. Lucinda Bateman, where she answered questions posed by the patient community ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Night sweats - revisited

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by maryb, Jul 24, 2013.

1. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Okay so on and off I've suffered with the most horrendous night sweats since getting ill.

My doc recently suggested it may be down to fluctuating blood sugar levels - nah I thought..
    But I trust her so I thought I'd give it a go, reduce carbs right down, increase fats and protein, no carbs (for me anyway after 4pm) I couldn't get my head round eating fatty meat after a lifetime of lean:( so instead increased the olive oil I always dash over my veg anyway.
    and ........ its working - I can say (but should I?) that the night sweats are down by 95% and given we've had the hottest few weeks in the UK for some years it was a good time to give it a try.

Another tip - I was waking at 3.15amish (strange) every day - and then tossing and turning for 3/5hrs, the doc suggested taking nytol, I took a 1/4 of one tablet (full adult dose is 2tablets) I wake as usual at 3ish but then drift back off. This has been the pattern since. I have a bit of a funny head when I get up - nothing serious - but as soon as I have some water and coffee it goes away. Well worth it.

Valentijn likes this.
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Interesting maryb - playing with diets myself (sweats occur at any time, raised glands etc),

3. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

cough hormone deficiencies cough

4. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    Parasite eggs can cause night sweats. Could be the olive oil is flushing out some of those.

See more popular forum discussions.