1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nicorandil.....A role in treating CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by kangaSue, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

One intriguing method of increasing blood circulation is whole body periodic acceleration, which is just mechanical vibration applied to the body. This vibration apparently increases brain blood flow by 180%.

One company here sells a bed that will apply these vibrations to the body all night long: NINS Exer-Rest bed.
    maryb likes this.
  2. kangaSue

kangaSue

Australia
    Just came across this piece of research http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/317/3/1238.abstract which shows that similarly to nicorandil, this drug cilostazol (Pletal) also has a k+ channel activator action. When the other modes of effect are taken into consideration, may be superior to using nicorandil.
    NK17, Hip and RustyJ like this.
  3. kangaSue

kangaSue

Australia
    There's some more pertinent info here for you on cilostazol re hypoperfusion, mouse studies show it to reduce cerebral hypoperfusion; http://www.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2009.00615.x/full For all intents and purposes, this looks as good as ibudilast that has been getting some positive press of late. You can only get cilostazol (Pletal) as a private script in Oz, not on the PBS. About $80 when I enquired 12 months ago.
    NK17, RustyJ and maryb like this.
  4. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    $80 for how much? How long will that last, can you recall? Maybe I can get it overseas cheaper. I've got a bit of time, as I have to finish course of antibiotics.
  5. kangaSue

kangaSue

Australia
    That was for a regular monthly prescription supply. Didn't look further into it but I assume that gets you the normal recommended dose of 100mg tablets, twice daily, so 60 tablets.
    RustyJ likes this.
  6. kangaSue

kangaSue

Australia
    Just come across this bit of information. It refers to cardiac mitochondria specifically, which is this drugs target so don't know if this can be assumed of mitochondria influence elsewhere in the body.

http://www.scbt.com/datasheet-200995.nicorandil.html

"Nicorandil is also described to suppress mitochondrial permeability transition triggered by oxidative stress resulting from ischemia-reperfusion injury, preventing mitochondrial uptake/ overload and oxidative damage."
    NK17 and RustyJ like this.

See more popular forum discussions.