• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nicole Castillo (Forgotten Plague) nominated for Emmy on Spanish-language ME film

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Good luck to Nicole! :)

https://www.facebook.com/CFSDocumen...2661299431396/962762227087966/?type=1&theater

Forgotten Plague said:
Congratulations to Forgotten Plague co-director and cinematographer Nicole Castillo on her EMMY NOMINATION! Last spring, she worked with Univision's Amanda Ramirez on the 4-part investigative series "SIDA, Sin VIH" which means "AIDS Without HIV." The series featured interviews with the CDC about their work on myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome.

This was a great series because the data says that ME/CFS affects
minorities at a greater rate, so getting this important message out to the Spanish-speaking world was so important.

Fingers and toes crossed for the awards announcement on Saturday! Congrats!!

Gingergrrl

Good luck to Nicole and I met her at a fundraising event for Forgotten Plague last year and was VERY impressed with her. Hope she wins.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Well, she won it (I think!):

https://www.facebook.com/CFSDocumen...2661299431396/964725846891604/?type=1&theater

Forgotten Plague on FB said:
HUGE congrats to Forgotten Plague co-director Nicole Castillo for notching the Southeast Emmy Award win for her 4-part investigative series "SIDA Sin VIH" (AIDS Without HIV). She worked with her colleagues Amanda Ramirez and Giancarlo Cifuentes on the special report.

The series featured footage of patients from Forgotten Plague, interviews with the CDC's Beth Unger and ME/CFS experts, as well as discussion of our film and the initiatives of the Blue Ribbon Foundation.

The award comes from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Southeast chapter, and celebrates excellence in media. It's so wonderful to see the Academy rewarding this important work in shining a light on this severe disease!