Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NICE CFS/ME guidelines: what updates have there been since 2007?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Tom Kindlon, May 26, 2017.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

A journalist is interested in the chronology of the NICE CFS/ME guidelines. He thinks they were reviewed in 2011. Can anyone post any links on any updates/announcements since they released in 2007. If you prefer you can private message me or email me Tom Kindlon @ Gmail dot com.

2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Do they just mean when NICE responded to PACE, saying that these results supported their current guidelines and meant no review was necessay?

Actually, I found this, which I don't think I'd read previously:

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg53/evidence/review-decision-2011-546258781

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  3. Stewart

Stewart Senior Member

A review consultation took place in late 2010 with NICE initially proposing that the guidelines didn't need updating. There was a two week consultation period - only open to stakeholders - in November 2010, and then in March 2011 NICE published the outcome of the review, which concluded that - surprise, surprise - there were no grounds to update the guidance at that time.

The March 2011 document can be found here (although @Esther12 has already posted a link) and other documents relating to the review can be downloaded from the CFS/ME page on the NICE website - under the history tab, in the column on the right of the page (in the section titled 'Review Documents').

I hope this is helpful.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Persimmon, MEMum, slysaint and 7 others like this.
  4. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

I have passed that information on. He thanked me for it.

MEMum, John Mac and ukxmrv like this.

See more popular forum discussions.