• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NHS Special Care Dentists

Cheesus

Just thought I would let you all know: someone on another forum recently pointed me in the direction of special care dentists on the NHS. They are there to treat people with learning difficulties, severe psychological difficulties (like us! Just kidding), and complex health problems. They supposedly allow rest breaks and are much more mindful of the fact that you are very ill than a normal dentist might be.

Even better... the person who told me about the service also said that when she saw them it was completely free and that she got free white fillings without even asking for them!!

I called my GP this morning, a really nice guy in his 60s who has been practicing for decades, and asked him to refer me. He had never heard of it but looked on the PCT website for my area and immediately found it and referred me.

What a result! I hope someone finds this useful.