August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NHS: bureacrats attack whistleblowers, accuse them of mental illness

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by SilverbladeTE, Aug 25, 2012.

1. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    not sure of best forum for this, but has seriosu implications for damn sure

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...wer-kay-sheldon-was-mentally-ill-8046640.html

Merry likes this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

The NHS is a bit of a joke for accountability. Private Eye keeps plugging away at it, but no-one seems to give a shit. Better to brush it under the rug.

3. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

yes, this links in to what whistleblower scientist Dr Lewis is saying about his own nightmare and all the unbelievable stuff surrounding the Wakefield witchhunt:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...rnment-policies-and-industry-practices.19006/

4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Soviet Russia used the policy of diagnosing dissidents with psychiatric disorders and removing them to asylums. This could be a more softly softly approach. However, its important to know all the facts. One article only gives a limited viewpoint. Personally I would like to see much stronger whistleblower legislation in every western country. The people who are in the best position to expose corruption and scandal are on the inside. It is not in the public interest to allow attacks on whistleblowers to pass without detailed strutiny, including impartial third party formal investigations with power to compel witnesses. Bye, Alex

5. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    The article rings absolutely true to my experience within the NHS of turfism, protectionsim and a culture of shooting the messenger. Also fits Weber's prescient diagnosis of all bureaucracy's essentially self-serving nature. What is ununusal here is that this is now in the public domain, rather than the unspoken no talk rule.

See more popular forum discussions.