The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Next iOS update will have nighttime amber-shift included

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Patrick*, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Patrick*

Patrick* Formerly PWCalvin

California
    For those of us working on sleep hygiene, and for those who know that the blue glow of our devices shuts down melatonin: the next iOS update coming out soon will include a setting that shifts your screen to amber light at night. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-use-the-iphones-night-shift-mode-2016-1?amp

Up until now, there's only been the f.lux app, which was only for jailbroken iPhones and iPads. I never wanted to jailbreak my devices so I settled for not using my devices at night.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    OhShoot, Woolie, Skippa and 4 others like this.
  2. Sidereal

Sidereal Senior Member

About bloody time!

halcyon likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    It's iOS 9.3. I don't think they know when it's going to be out. They can't even get iOS 9.2 to work right.

Patrick* likes this.
  4. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    Patrick* likes this.
  5. minkeygirl

Left Coast
  6. Skippa

Skippa Senior Member

Hooray!

I think iPhones and iPads are perfect for us PWCs 'cos we can stay connected from a supine position and not have to sit upright at the PC in the corner.

7. adreno

adreno PR activist

I use f.lux, but it's annoying that you have to jailbreak the device to install it.

Sidereal likes this.
  8. shannah

shannah Senior Member

I lay in a very cushy lazy boy recliner at my desktop. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and a large screen. Works perfectly.

I simply couldn't bear to be in bed all day long so set this up years ago. I have a cozy blanket, heating pad and everything I need right at my fingertips. It's all located in front of a bay window where I have several different kinds of bird feeders, houses and baths dangling right outside. I am treated throughout the day with a parade of doves, woodpeckers, cardinals, red winged black birds, chickadees, various finches, a ton of sparrows, the occasional blue jay and the odd hummingbird in the summer.

It has been a thoroughly educating experience and a most wonderful distraction, enriching my life and nourishing my soul.

Woolie likes this.
  9. Skippa

Skippa Senior Member

shannah likes this.
  10. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Very funny @Skippa

Seriously though - it's been a lifesaver for my sanity!

11. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    Warning, a friend just updated to 9.1 and it totally messed up Gmail where it deleted mail on the server. She can't even use the native app. I googled it and it is a known problem. I'm still on version 8 point something and was going to update today but forget that.

Woolie likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.