• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Next iOS update will have nighttime amber-shift included

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
For those of us working on sleep hygiene, and for those who know that the blue glow of our devices shuts down melatonin: the next iOS update coming out soon will include a setting that shifts your screen to amber light at night. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-use-the-iphones-night-shift-mode-2016-1?amp

Up until now, there's only been the f.lux app, which was only for jailbroken iPhones and iPads. I never wanted to jailbreak my devices so I settled for not using my devices at night.

Last edited:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.

Skippa

Anti-BS
Hooray!

I think iPhones and iPads are perfect for us PWCs 'cos we can stay connected from a supine position and not have to sit upright at the PC in the corner.

shannah

Hooray!

I think iPhones and iPads are perfect for us PWCs 'cos we can stay connected from a supine position and not have to sit upright at the PC in the corner.

I lay in a very cushy lazy boy recliner at my desktop. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and a large screen. Works perfectly.

I simply couldn't bear to be in bed all day long so set this up years ago. I have a cozy blanket, heating pad and everything I need right at my fingertips. It's all located in front of a bay window where I have several different kinds of bird feeders, houses and baths dangling right outside. I am treated throughout the day with a parade of doves, woodpeckers, cardinals, red winged black birds, chickadees, various finches, a ton of sparrows, the occasional blue jay and the odd hummingbird in the summer.

It has been a thoroughly educating experience and a most wonderful distraction, enriching my life and nourishing my soul.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Warning, a friend just updated to 9.1 and it totally messed up Gmail where it deleted mail on the server. She can't even use the native app. I googled it and it is a known problem. I'm still on version 8 point something and was going to update today but forget that.