Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Next iOS update will have nighttime amber-shift included

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Patrick*, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Patrick*

Patrick* Formerly PWCalvin

California
    For those of us working on sleep hygiene, and for those who know that the blue glow of our devices shuts down melatonin: the next iOS update coming out soon will include a setting that shifts your screen to amber light at night. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-use-the-iphones-night-shift-mode-2016-1?amp

Up until now, there's only been the f.lux app, which was only for jailbroken iPhones and iPads. I never wanted to jailbreak my devices so I settled for not using my devices at night.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    OhShoot, Woolie, Skippa and 4 others like this.
  2. Sidereal

Sidereal Senior Member

About bloody time!

halcyon likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    It's iOS 9.3. I don't think they know when it's going to be out. They can't even get iOS 9.2 to work right.

Patrick* likes this.
  4. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    Patrick* likes this.
  5. minkeygirl

Left Coast
  6. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

Hooray!

I think iPhones and iPads are perfect for us PWCs 'cos we can stay connected from a supine position and not have to sit upright at the PC in the corner.

7. adreno

adreno PR activist

I use f.lux, but it's annoying that you have to jailbreak the device to install it.

Sidereal likes this.
  8. shannah

shannah Senior Member

I lay in a very cushy lazy boy recliner at my desktop. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and a large screen. Works perfectly.

I simply couldn't bear to be in bed all day long so set this up years ago. I have a cozy blanket, heating pad and everything I need right at my fingertips. It's all located in front of a bay window where I have several different kinds of bird feeders, houses and baths dangling right outside. I am treated throughout the day with a parade of doves, woodpeckers, cardinals, red winged black birds, chickadees, various finches, a ton of sparrows, the occasional blue jay and the odd hummingbird in the summer.

It has been a thoroughly educating experience and a most wonderful distraction, enriching my life and nourishing my soul.

Woolie likes this.
  9. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

shannah likes this.
  10. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Very funny @Skippa

Seriously though - it's been a lifesaver for my sanity!

11. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    Warning, a friend just updated to 9.1 and it totally messed up Gmail where it deleted mail on the server. She can't even use the native app. I googled it and it is a known problem. I'm still on version 8 point something and was going to update today but forget that.

Woolie likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.