• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Next CFSAC meeting June 16-17, 2014

Denise

To those who will speak what is the general message this time around??? I just hope we can finally see some progress and move forward and demand some more actionable items.

I suspect a number of people will be addressing concerns about P2P and concerns about lack of cohesive progress on the part of most federal agencies.

Seven7

Seven
I wonder why we are reinventing the wheal and we cannot use 2 day exercise testing to identify CFS. We do not need to invest to staff Hospital since they already have the equipment.

Nielk

Agenda for today's meeting

12: 00 p.m.

Call to Order
Roll Call
Nancy C. Lee, M.D.
Acting Chair
Designated Federal Officer (DFO)

12:10 p.m.

Logistics
Nancy C. Lee, M.D.
Acting Chair
Designated Federal Officer (DFO)

12:15 p.m.

Opening Remarks
Request Approval - CFSAC Minutes March 11, 2014

12:30 p.m.

Agency Updates
CDC, AHRQ, NIH

1:30 p.m.

Public Comment
Public

2:30 p.m.

Break

2:45 p.m.

ME/CFS Researcher and Clinician-
Scientist Recruitment Workgroup
Workgroup Members

3:45 p.m.

Committee Discussion
Committee members

5:00 p.m.

Adjourn

Nielk

Thanks Nielk for following and participating for all the PWME that can't.

I'm in the super crash zone today, but I know I can count on you and the others to watch our backs, if I can use this expression ...

I am just a spectator this time. I couldn't prepare but am looking forward to hearing @Andrew .

Nielk

Dr. Wanda Jones was the cheerleader at the start of the meeting. Told us about how muh has been accomplished at CFSAC in the past ten years. She is at awe of the progress. Phenomenal changes have taken place.

shannah

Political doublespeak! I see they've replaced the usual rep with one who is more politically eloquent and detached.