• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Next CFSAC Meeting - August 18th & 19th, 2015

duncan

Looking forward to hearing the Agency Updates, specifically the CDC's two cents.

Does anyone know if someone from the CDC will be discussing what is happening at the CDC relative to its budget?

Is there actually someone at the CDC still assigned to ME/CFS, and if so, will they be able to attend CFSAC or will they be registering pre-emptively with unemployment?

caledonia

Looking forward to hearing the Agency Updates, specifically the CDC's two cents.

Does anyone know if someone from the CDC will be discussing what is happening at the CDC relative to its budget?

Is there actually someone at the CDC still assigned to ME/CFS, and if so, will they be able to attend CFSAC or will they be registering pre-emptively with unemployment?

The draft agenda does show that someone from the CDC will be there, but who knows what they will discuss.

Kati

Patient in training
What is most needed is to hear from Francis Collins and how NIH will address research and funding defficiencies following both P2P and IOM report. We can't afford nor tolerate fiddling and waiting.

Nielk

What is most needed is to hear from Francis Collins and how NIH will address research and funding defficiencies following both P2P and IOM report. We can't afford nor tolerate fiddling and waiting.

Francis Collins doesn't attend CFSAC meetings.

Denise

I know several people who submitted public comment for this CFSAC meeting and also received an email receipt acknowledging their submission.

Bob

Is it correct that they use the Eastern Time Zone at the CDC CFSAC (in Washington)?

If so, the 9am start time is 2pm in Britain, and 1pm UTC/GMT.

Last edited:

Denise

Is it correct that they use the Eastern Time Zone at the CDC (in Washington)?

If so, the 9am start time is 2pm in Britain, and 1pm UTC/GMT.

@Bob - If you are referring to DHHS (Department of Health and Human Services) where the CFSAC meeting is held, YES - they are in Washington DC which is on Eastern time.

Bob

@Bob - If you are referring to DHHS (Department of Health and Human Services) where the CFSAC meeting is held, YES - they are in Washington DC which is on Eastern time.
Crikey. I had a total brain fail there! It took me a while to work out why you weren't happy to describe them as the CDC. Time for my bed soon! :sleep: Thanks Denise.

Denise

Crikey. I had a total brain fail there! It took me a while to work out why you weren't happy to describe them as the CDC. Time for my bed soon! :sleep: Thanks Denise.

:)
You are welcome Bob. I hope you rest well.

caledonia

A question from an ignorant UKer:

Did the misappropriation of funds meant for ME/CFS research happen after the move to Women's Health? If so, and this can only be speculated about, do you think it would have happened if ME/CFS had a proper home?

I thought there was only one misappropriation of funds, but after reading 30 Years of Disdain, there appear to have been at least two, if not more. The big one was in the late 1990's and William Reeves was the whistleblower for that. CFS wasn't moved out of NAIAD until the early 2000s. The subsequent one(s) were in the 2000s.

So it appears that misappropriations can happen anywhere, any time.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just bumping this - this meeting starts at 2pm UK time, 9am US East Coast time.

Will it be on YouTube later? I seem to remember that it usually is.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Well, I've just read it and it's superb. I wish there was someone who could read it out on Jennie's behalf at the meeting.