1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nexavir is the same drug as Kutapressin

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Andrew, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    According the the makers of Nexavir, it's the same formulation as Kutapressin. Which means, the research on Kutapressin should apply to Nexavir. Thing is, I've heard Nexavir has a preservative and Kutapressin did not. So I'm not sure if or where this fits in.

[video=youtube;rfJHGOBOkbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfJHGOBOkbE&feature=relmfu[/video]

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Yes, the same research applies. There has been talk of removing the preservative but maybe if it comes out as a capsule, it will no longer need a preservative. I assume that the preservative is needed because, at present, nexavir comes in a multi-dose vial, so you are sticking needles into the same vial quite a few times.

Sushi

3. Carola

Carola

Also, I got the impression from Dr. Enlander's website that he uses hepapressin instead of kutapressin/ Nexavir, so I was surprised and confused by this video.

4. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Yes, I wondered about that too.

5. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    In a sixmonth study of Kutapressin in over a hundred CFS/ME patients as many as 85% reported major improvement in their symptoms. 42% even reported that they were in remission. Steinbach T, Hermann W, Lawyer C, et al. Subjective reduction in symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome following longterm treatment with a porcine liver extract: a phase 1 trial. Infect Dis. (1994) 18(Supplement 1): S114

Kutapressin was also shown to have antiviral activity against EBV. Rosenfeld E, Salimi B, O'Gorman MR, et al. Potential in vitro activity of Kutapressin against EpsteinBarr virus. In Vivo. 1996 MayJun; 10(3):3138.

Also antiviral activity against HHV6. Ablashi DV, Berneman ZN, Lawyer C, et al. Antiviral activity in vitro of Kutapressin against human herpesvirus6. In Vivo. 1994 JulAug;8(4):5816.

I've had several people tell me it did them no good. But the dose they were on is no where near what was used in the trial.

I wonder why this was never taken to more phases.

lilpink likes this.
  6. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I took Kutapressin and then Hepapressin for years with Dr. Enlander. It did not help me. That's Dr. Enlander's main protocol. He says that it helps about 30% of his patients. The younger the patient is and the sooner they start it, the better the chances that it will work. I asked Dr. Enlander why he doesn't increase the dosage for the patients that don't respond and he replied that they tried that and it didn't make a difference.

7. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Here's the protocol that was researched:

1. 2cc intramuscular injection daily for one month
    2. 2cc every other day for a month
    3. 3x's a week for 6 - 7 months
    4. 2x's a week and then adjusted according to patient reaction.

Was Enlander's protocal this aggressive?

8. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    The complex injections are
    Hepapressin
    Magnesium Sulphate
    Folic Acid
    B12
    Calphosan
    Glutathione
    Trace elements

He gives this combination in one shot. He found that it works better then the Kuttapressin alone.
    It's one weekly shot.
    At one point, I got it twice weekly but, it didn't make a difference.

9. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I don't know about Enlander's current approach, but some ME/CFS doctors are even more aggressive with 2 mls daily for at least 7 months, then tapering off. Again, some respond well, and some don't respond much at all.

It is often given along with GcMAF.

Sushi

10. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Yes, I just read about a doctor using 2ml daily for 6 months, then tapering.

BTW, I read a different account of what the study used. Another source says:

2ml daily for 25 days
    2ml every other day for 25 days
    2ml every other day for a few several months.

Probably best to read the actual study

11. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    My doctor said you would know pretty quickly if Nexavir was going to make a difference. I was only on it 2 months and he said that was long enough to know if it should be continued. I had zero reaction to it. He also told me about a teenage patient he had who was feeling a huge amount of improvement on just a few weeks so maybe the younger you are the better the response...

12. Tony

Tony Still working on it all..

Melbourne, Australia
    In my case it took 6 months of daily injections to notice a difference. Then at about 8 months I knew it was helping even more with cognition and physical stamina. After 8 months I injected every second day and maintained the benefits. I still inject every second day. At one point I ran out due to supplier problems and slipped back noticeably in both areas.

The good thing now is that the price has been reduced from my New Zealand supplier from US$150 down to US$100 per vial. https://www.biomer.com/contact.html

13. Sushi

Albuquerque
    It has taken me about 7 months to notice a significant difference from Nexavir, though I have not been able to inject every day--had too much response. I have been giving 3 injections a week. Now I feel better after each injection.

Sushi

14. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    how long does a vial last if injecting daily??

cheers!!!

15. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    i cant see nexavir in the above link??

16. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Three vials per month! Ouch!

Sushi

17. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
  18. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    $300 a month ouch, so would one vial injecting 3 times a week last a month??

19. Sushi

Albuquerque
  20. Tony

Tony Still working on it all..

Melbourne, Australia
    Hi heaps, The site I linked to is the Nexavir supplier I use even though it's not mentioned on the site.

One vial is 20ml so at a rate of 2ml per time you get 10 shots.

See more popular forum discussions.