• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nexavir and sore throat

soxfan

It will take me a few days to get the compound posted. My husband has it and he is working but I will get it posted. I saw my doctor (Dr. K) last Friday and he told me to stop the Nexavir because he said if I was going to have any results I would have by now. He also told me about a young patient of his (teenager) who was housebound and within a few weeks after taking the Nexavir was back at school. I am thinking he feels it doesn't take too long.

The vials are expensive. I think I paid 150.00 for 20 doses and I had 40 doses. I would have kept at it had I felt even a little something but I didn't. I think it is now time for me to try another antiviral.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Most compounding pharmacies should be able to find out how to do this. My husband works for a chain where they do no compounding but he was able to go online and find out how to compound it. If anyone wants the "recipe" I will be happy to write it up and post.

On the Nexco site they say this about the gel:

Village Compounding (they work with Nexco) has provided these answers to patient questions regarding Nexavir compounded as Transdermal Gel:
The gel does require a prescription.
The gel is made to order, not kept in stock.
Three Nexavir vials of 20mL each are formulated into one syringe of of 30mL gel, delivering 50mg/mL of Nexavir Liver Derivative.
Have your physician write a Prescription for Nexavir gel 50mg/mL.
Comparing Doses - One mL of Nexavir gel = 2 mL of injectable product = 50 mg.
Since the gel is compounded to order, your doctor may prescribe other concentrations. Contact Village Compounding Pharmacy for more information.

Sushi