1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nexavir and 4ME

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by janey, Aug 7, 2013.

1. janey

janey

Melbourne, Australia
    Does anyone have experience with both Nexavir (or Biopressin) and 4ME? I'm interested to hear whether you respond in the same way to both or not.

Thanks.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

I've only taken Nexavir but I'm told that the only differences are packaging (Nexavir is in a rubber topped vial) and that 4 ME has less phenol as a preservative.

Sushi
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Whats the price difference??
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

I can tell you the Nexavir price but not the 4 ME price: $186 per 20 ml bottle is what they charge my insurance. I'd guess the retail cost is the same.

Sushi
  5. franky2101

franky2101

Germany
    I paid for 4ME 10x2ml 90 Euro. In Germany its cheaper and easier to buy than Nexavir.

Frank
  6. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Has anyone looked into cheaper alternatives?
    I mean, it's just a concentrated liver extract right? I figure there has to be a cheaper option and right now 4ME is making up the bulk of my treatment costs.

I found this componder in the US who produce a liver extract. I have no idea how it's made, what quality or strength it would be, and I'm sure there must be other sources for similar products. Anyone tried any or thought about it?
    http://www.thecompounder.com/alternative-treatments/multiple-sclerosis/liver-a-thiamine-injections
  7. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

i also don't like having to pay this much for 4ME or even Nexavir. i dont think the 4ME is helping me at all, and the nexavir helped a tiny bit, then stopped..when i did it years ago. the 4ME people sent me a bunch of expired packs too, saying they guarantee them for 6 months after expiry.

i am thinking of asking if i can stop taking the 4ME or maybe take it every other day (which i am doing now anyway). i am supposed to take it daily.

See more popular forum discussions.