• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Newsflash: 16 new signatories on new letter to HHS--Oct 26

Ember

We will not be duped any longer and played with any longer. Like Eco said above, there is no middle ground here in my opinion. We either stand with our 50 experts or we stand with the IOM.
Tell that to Cort, who now calls on the experts to negotiate a middle road: “ME/CFS experts in collaboration with DHHS officials and IOM representatives should get together and work out a contract that’s is responsive to both the ME/CFS community’s needs to have substantial ME/CFS expert input, and to the DHHS’s desire to have outside input.”:rolleyes: How patients love to tell the experts what to do!

Nielk

Tell that to Cort, who now calls on the experts to negotiate a middle road: “ME/CFS experts in collaboration with DHHS officials and IOM representatives should get together and work out a contract that’s is responsive to both the ME/CFS community’s needs to have substantial ME/CFS expert input, and to the DHHS’s desire to have outside input.”:rolleyes: How patients love to tell the experts what to do!

Yes, exactly. Let's spend one million dollars and waste 18 months for our experts to come up with a definition for ME...but wait, they have just done that already.o_Oo_Oo_O (for free..yesterday!)

justinreilly

This is most welcome news! I really needed this! Thank you so much to all the signatories!!

To those who say, "let's just lie down and accept that this contract is going forward"- more signs that we can get this contract cancelled!

HHS has successful oppressed us for 30 years. some would say this is proof that their plans always work and we can't stop them. But every attempt to abuse people always works... until it doesn't. There comes a point of critical mass, a turning point where the oppressors are forced to stop because the pressure on them becomes too intense.

This really looks like the turning point for us; our Rosa Parks moment where we say "No, we won't go to the back of the bus any more!" that finally sparks a huge change. Never before have our experts supported us before other than one at a time here and there. NOW FIFTY SO FAR have come together to support us and say "NO MORE."

We have momentum now (see also that Canary in the Coal Mine has already raised $73K in just four days and there are three other ME docs in the works) This is the turning point. We can push this boulder over the hill now. Lets ALL get together and give it all, that our health will permit. NOW is the time to call in your favors and also just plain beg your friends and family to support us in crushing this contract. This is what I am doing and if we all do it, we will exponentially increase our force and become unstoppable! The AIDS patients did it. Let's us now do it! If not now, when?