• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

News of the World newspaper shuts down! (attackers of disabled in UK)

SilverbladeTE

WOOT! DIE DIE YOU EVIL RAG!! :thumbsup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14070733

the UK tabloids have for past 2+ years been viciously attacking the disabled and those claiming welfare, in a manner so extreme, so constant that it is not hyperbole to equate it with the "Jew baiting" of the monstrous newspapers of Nazi Germany.

But now, they have come undone.

• They hacked it is alleged, the phones of abducted, raped and murdered schoolgirls (interfering with ongoing criminal investigations at the time)
  • the phones of family of service personnel who died in Afghanistan
  • the phones of Cabinet Ministers (which is espionage and treason by UK law)
  • Bribed directly London police for salacious, private details of people and crimes etc (which breaks several laws, and the Metropolitan Police have been mired in abuse, corruption and scandal for 40 odd years. Force should be broken up and cleaned root and branch)
  • Also another very nasty issue is the Tommy Shreridan case, I may not like Sherdian, but if they did interfere with the 2nd court case...getting a politician jailed in revenge for him beating them at the 1st libel case and to "flex their muscles as warning to other politicians"....that is a threat ot democracy itself.
And the Conservative party leader, the now Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, hired the guy who is, allegedly, behind much of this to be his PR Guru!

Haha, it's good to see such momumental shitheads fall!! :victory:
Next: Rupert Murdoch!!

Oh, and no one EVER DARE tell me conspiracies do not go on! this is yet again proof that they are common as muck, we just do not see them is all.

Saw a lady today on TV saying that the News of The World would just be rebranded to another paper.

I'm afraid everybody walks and it's back to business as usual. All these guy hide behind the corporate veil and at worst the corporation shareholders might pay a fine.

See the interview at about 5:30 where she talks about rebranding.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20049118-10391695.html?tag=mncol;lst;1

Glad to see the outrage on TV from politicians though. I wonder if they were sincere or not? Who knows.

What a bunch of degenerates. :0)

HowToEscape?

News Corp (Murdoch) has been losing money on NOWD for quite some time. That paper is a Sunday only paper; it will be replaced by a a Sunday edition of an existing Murchoch paper, the Sun. So it's rather convenient actually.

Aside, you can browse to www.sunday.co.uk; that redirects to News Of The World. Someone happens to have registered www.thesunonsunday.co.uk on July 5th; that does not redirect as of yet. But the point to keep in mind is that with RM is simply closing a money losing operation and moving (he hopes) its readership and ad sales to a sister brand, sorta like closing Pontiac and adding some of its models to Chevrolet.

gregf

I think it stinks that Murdoch and the managers keep their job, while the workers who had little say, loose theirs.

Find Murdoch an "unfit person" to run media anywhere.

Then make him apologise for what happened to these families, and all the racist stories in his newspapers, and for Fox News, and for the invasion of Iraq.

Great article.

What is most interesting to me lately, is I see terms used in here that didn't seem popular. Now they show up in media. For instance. The article used "spin-doctor". How funny is that?

Many points from the article jumped out at me, but here is one.

Nobody outside the Murdoch circle knows the full answer, but I suspect it is quite prosaic: like the Wizard of Oz, Mr Murdoch's power derived from the irrational fright politicians took from his occasional naked displays of it. The Kinnock "light bulb" headline was probably the signal moment. He was powerful because people believed he had the power, and that editors like Mrs Brooks and Mr Coulson probably had a file on everybody bigger than MI5's, and so you should never, ever, cross them.

I've always suspected the Elites have been using the news to control people. Not just by propaganda, but by intimidation. Once in awhile you see some politician get taken down by a picture like "Weiner Gate" and wonder if they did something to piss off the wrong people.

When China shut off rare earth elements to the United States awhile back a news story came out about chinese bullets being used in Darfur. Couple days later there was a story that said the rare earths were being shipped to the USA again.

Seems like the media has influence on about everything. Countries/people that cross the wrong people/countries. News is either fabricated, dug up, or whatever to discredit and ruin anybody (or even countries) who cross the wrong folks.

I think it is becoming apparent the media is near the center of all these strange power plays we scratch our heads about everyday here. Like we experience when we see all this negative study stuff out of the UK news papers. Or these strange CFS TV clips. Not a leap of logic given the NOTW scandle.

One other point. Andrew Ross Sorkin(of the new york times) mentioned this morning on CNBC TV that two private investigators(from a tabloid?) were following the Scottland yard police investigators as they were doing a murder investigation. How strange is that? Makes one wonder exactly what other purposes the media/tabloids can be used for????

Everybody is waking up quick. Let's hope it is soon enough.

Bob

Hi Mark,
Yes, there are parallels with the ME community in the article, aren't there.
The mainstream media aren't interested in ME, and if it wasn't for social networking then I don't think our community would have half the voice that it does.

Enid

S.... em - we are getting rid of the gutter press (transparency now). Next transparency in all things public - the old medical establishment hopefully.

LaurelW

I heard a story about this on NPR today. They were saying that the biggest problem is the demand for these kind of papers--a bit of news and lots of gossip--and new newspapers will probably spring up to fill the gap. People should just stop buying this trash.

Enid

Yes that is a bit of a conundrum Laurel. NOW (one has to reluctantly admit) done a few good things in their time - a new law on paedophilia, support for Help for Heroes eg. But news at any cost in the in-house cut throat now illegal "culture" in some parts of the media is now exposed for what it is.

Enid

Update - NI have withdrawn their offer to control BSkyB in the UK - just as the House of Commons voted to request it. Now NI can concentrate on sorting out their mess/ethics as all the enquiries proceed (fit and proper being amongst them).

(NI should read NCorp)