• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

News: 'I thought the body was mapped', says Scientist

roller

wiggle jiggle
'I thought the body was mapped.
'I thought that these discoveries ended somewhere around the middle of last century.'
'But apparently they have not.' (Professor Kipnis, University of Virginia School of Medicine)

• Scientists uncover vessels in the brain previously not thought to exist
  • Lymphatic vessels in the body filter and transport fluid from tissue before returning it to the blood stream
  • 'True significance,' experts say lies in impact it will have on the study and treatment of neurological disease, including autism, MS and Alzheimer's
  • Believe vessels could be responsible for draining key substances that trigger illnesses from the brain in healthy people
By LIZZIE PARRY FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED:11:16 GMT, 5 June 2015|UPDATED:12:01 GMT, 5 June 2015
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3112055/Landmark-discovery-brain-scientists-rewriting-textbooks-help-treat-conditions-autism-Alzheimer-s.html

296066B800000578-3112055-Scientists_at_the_University_of_Virginia_have_discovered_lymphat-a-13_1433502485404.jpg

Scientists at the University of Virginia have discovered lymphatic vessels in the brain, which were previously thought not to exist. Lymphatic vessels work to filter and transport fluid away from tissues before returning it to the blood. Pictured left, is the map of the lymphatic system before the discovery, and right, after the findings

previous threat on the news:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...system-with-major-disease-implications.37827/

Last edited: