Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

News From Dr. Jamie Deckoff

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by liquid sky, Jun 23, 2012.

1. liquid sky

liquid sky Senior Member

heapsreal and Merry like this.
  2. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Quite moving. Andrew's story sounds familiar. I mean, did he and his mum appear in a video? Or maybe it was a newspaper story. Bless Dr. Deckoff-Jones. Shame on the doctors who wouldn't help and made Andrew worse with GET.

Thanks, liquid sky.

3. liquid sky

liquid sky Senior Member

I think he did appear in a video. It is crazy that Jamie could not get a doctor to treat him there in the UK. He should not have had to be flown to Hawaii to get any help. Why would they deny care as simple as oxygen and active folic acid supplementation to a young child?

Reminds me that the folks in the UK have it worse than here in the states.

Enid and *GG* like this.
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Thanks for the link, just reading other threads further down the page, neurofeedback looks interesting but i have heard that one needs a good practioner or a cfs/me person could end up with problems from it. I have looked into this before but it seems expensive without a gaurentee, i would like to try it to help my insomnia. Dr J.D seems to use it for convulsions, does anyone know if she has used it for sleep /insomnia issues?

Hopefully early interventions for kids can help then to avoid being a cfs/me adult.

cheers!!!

See more popular forum discussions.