• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Newman's Own Salad Recipe Contest: Top Prize $35,000 For Your Nonprofit!

frenchtulip

Newman's Own "Greens for Good" Salad Recipe Contest: www.newmansown.com/greensforgood For US, DC, and Puerto Rico residents. Submit a salad recipe using Newman's Own salad dressing. This is contest based on:
1) Taste
2) Creativity/Innovation of recipe
3) Inspiration for selection of charitable organization
4) Online Voting

The grand prize winner receives $35,000 for her/his favorite nonprofit. There will be nine runners-up each receiving $1,000 for their favorite nonprofits. Enter by Aug. 31, 2015.

Oops! I just checked further. Nonprofits should fall in (1) of the four (4) focus areas (Encouraging Philanthropy, Children with Life Limiting Conditions, Empowerment and Nutrition). Do we have any nonprofits that would qualify?

Last edited:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Maybe some would qualify for the empowerment focus. I wonder how they judge "Inspiration for selection of charitable organization"?

frenchtulip

Maybe some would qualify for the empowerment focus. I wonder how they judge "Inspiration for selection of charitable organization"?
That's a very good question, Little Bluestem! I suspect they are looking for a heartfelt and inspirational reason for choosing a charity. It would be very difficult to judge I should think.
I am not sure how broadly they are interpreting Empowerment, but I hope some of our groups will enter. One of our groups might just win!