Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Newman's Own Salad Recipe Contest: Top Prize $35,000 For Your Nonprofit!

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by frenchtulip, Jun 27, 2015.

1. frenchtulip

frenchtulip Senior Member

Newman's Own "Greens for Good" Salad Recipe Contest: www.newmansown.com/greensforgood For US, DC, and Puerto Rico residents. Submit a salad recipe using Newman's Own salad dressing. This is contest based on:
    1) Taste
    2) Creativity/Innovation of recipe
    3) Inspiration for selection of charitable organization
    4) Online Voting

The grand prize winner receives $35,000 for her/his favorite nonprofit. There will be nine runners-up each receiving $1,000 for their favorite nonprofits. Enter by Aug. 31, 2015.

Oops! I just checked further. Nonprofits should fall in (1) of the four (4) focus areas (Encouraging Philanthropy, Children with Life Limiting Conditions, Empowerment and Nutrition). Do we have any nonprofits that would qualify?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    WillowJ likes this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

Maybe some would qualify for the empowerment focus. I wonder how they judge "Inspiration for selection of charitable organization"?

frenchtulip likes this.
  3. frenchtulip

frenchtulip Senior Member

That's a very good question, Little Bluestem! I suspect they are looking for a heartfelt and inspirational reason for choosing a charity. It would be very difficult to judge I should think.
    I am not sure how broadly they are interpreting Empowerment, but I hope some of our groups will enter. One of our groups might just win!

See more popular forum discussions.