• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Newly discovered immune cell in skin relates to eczema

Lynne B

Hi, Meryl G, this is very interesting, considering I've had rosacea on my face and tinnea in my toenails for almost as long as I've had ME, which is 16 years, and no treatment has succeeded in removing the fungus, infections, parasites, or whatever. I'm currently pursuing the link between SIBO or IBS and rosacea, will let you know if it pans out. Meanwhile, your posted link could help to explain part of the physiology of long-lasting skin problems.

Cheers, Lynne

merylg

Hi, Meryl G, this is very interesting, considering I've had rosacea on my face and tinnea in my toenails for almost as long as I've had ME, which is 16 years, and no treatment has succeeded in removing the fungus, infections, parasites, or whatever. I'm currently pursuing the link between SIBO or IBS and rosacea, will let you know if it pans out. Meanwhile, your posted link could help to explain part of the physiology of long-lasting skin problems.

Cheers, Lynne

Hi Lynne,

I've also had lifetime struggle with skin infections & eczema on my hands. Had some initial improvement on B2 Riboflavin. Recently it all flared again.
Was having treatment for ?SIBO after a peritonitis-like episode. Had one week of Doxycycline 100mg/day (that followed a 1 week course of Flagyl) Found these antibiotics really hard to tolerate & they did not seem to help my abdomen. However, the palms of my hands cleared up completely, with just a little bit left on one finger. Have started back on B2 Riboflavin 25mg/day (Nature's Own) and the finger has cleared up.
Have also noticed a certain white potato variety can make the eczema flare.