• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New York, New York! The State of New York Officially Gets It About ME/CFS

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Thanks to Terri Wilder and Mary Dimmock the great state of New York - the third largest state in the Union - now officially gets it about ME/CFS. From the New York website:

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (my*al*gic + en*ceph*a*lo*my*eli*tis) (ME), historically referred to as chronic fatigue syndrome, is a serious, chronic disease that affects multiple body systems, including the nervous system, the immune system, and the body's production of energy. Many people start feeling the symptoms of ME after contracting a viral or other type of infection or following a change in hormonal status, but experts do not yet know the exact cause. ....

What is known is that ME is not a psychiatric disorder and it is not caused by a lack of exercise, contrary to common belief

https://health.ny.gov/diseases/conditions/me-cfs/

This is really great!

I was happy to be able to see last night's Albany NY Unrest screening and discussion panel (including NY health commissioner Zucker, Dr Natelson from NYC, Terri and another advocate, name escapes me, sorry brain fog from being upright too long for the event!) And now I'm connecting names and seeing the amount of advocacy going on- good work to those involved!