1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."
In 2012, Maya, who had tried to cope with ME/CFS on her own for many years, attended a pain management centre in Wales, U.K., and is now able to achieve more through pacing and acceptance, than she had been able to before the course...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New XMRV study to be undertaken.

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by V99, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Cloud

Cloud Guest

Thanks for the link Cookie Monster. I didn't know about that poll, but not surprised by the results. Also, Dr Hyde has been researching the vaccine (in particular Hep B) link to ME/CFS, for many years. You will get several hits searching his work and others on this connection.

Omer...I've only been told that the consent is in the mail. Not yet sure about draws yet.
  2. omerbasket

omerbasket Senior Member

Okay, thanks Cloud :Retro smile:
  3. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Wow, thanks Cookie Monster... I hadn't seen that... that's a massive result for Hep B isn't it... all the other vaccines seem to barely register...
    I'd never heard that specifically Hep B was a possible trigger for ME... I'd only heard that any vaccinations were possible triggers...
    I wonder if this is something that has been over-looked before... I've not come across any research about it.

oh, I've just read Cloud's post... thanks Cloud... i will do a search for Hyde and Hep B...

4. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Hi OS,
    That's interesting... It sounds vaguely familiar to me, but I can't remember what I read... do you know anything about 'antisensing'?
    Bob

5. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    I might have to bite the bullet and see if I can get in on this trial. Might be worth it! Da know!!!
  6. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hep B and CFS

Hi

Not so much about a trigger but a worsening of symptoms has been covered by Dr. Charles Sheffield, where nearly all CFS patients feel worse after Hep B vaccination. This has been known for many years, and implies that it might be a trigger. It is certainly worth investigating, and is further evidence toward the view that the failure to fund proper epidemiological studies in CFS is a major problem, and has been for decades.

Bye
    Alex
  7. awol

awol *****

I certainly tipped from vague, not too debilitating post-mono fatigue to real CFS after a string of vaccinations, including Hep B. I could not point to Hep B specifically as the cause of this because I also had vaccines for Hep A, yellow fever, and an MMR update around the same time.

See more popular forum discussions.