1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New viral titers. Are these high?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by aquariusgirl, Oct 16, 2012.

1. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

EBV VCA AB IGG 1.85
    above 1.10 is positive

EBV EBNA AB IGG 4.90 (over 1.10 = positive)

HHV6 IGG 1:160 (over1:20 is positive)

CMV IGG 3.0 (1.10 =positive)

These are regular Quest labs...so they are no help when I look at Montoya's work because he uses other labs. Argh. So frustrating..

Any input welcome.
    thanks.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    If u have had cfs symptoms for more then 6 months and those tests going by the labs are saying positive then run with it as being positive. If u have had a full blood count and total lymphocytes are high then thats a also a sign their going 'off'. u can also get a lymphocyte sub set tests and if cd8 t cells are high this can also indicate these viruses are reactivating. Being positive to all 3 one can start with famvir or if covered/afford can go with valcyte which is stronger then famvir but also more toxic and requires regular liver/kidney function monitoring which famvir doesnt need. It appears that some cfs docs are getting good results with high dose famvir for these viruses.

remember antivirals can take several months before u notice positive effects.

good luck,
    cheers!!!
  3. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    According to this http://www.hhv-6foundation.org/patients/hhv-6-testing-for-patients your HHV6 IgG titre of 1:160 is the same as controls. I had 1:80.

I'm not sure about the EBV and CMV ...
  4. globalpilot

Ontario
    A
    l

Also, doesn't Quest send their HHV6 specimens to Focus for testing ? If so, you had it tested at teh same lab Montoya uses.
  5. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

You are correct. Quest send their HHV6 samples to Focus Labs. so by this reading I would not have made it into Montoya's trial if I understand correctly?.
  6. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is meant by 1:160 is the same as controls? Are controls people who are not considered to have an active/reactivated infection, ie those titres are normal for the population? Many thanks
  7. globalpilot

Ontario
    I think you are right aquarius girl. believe he wanted 320 didn't he ? I remember it being much higher than mine.

I don't know what is meant by controls anniekim ... maybe those who didn't test positive by other methods ... or maybe symptomless ????

See more popular forum discussions.