• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW UK Study website for WPI

leelaplay

PS. My 12 year old son developed the site. If anybody's got a few k, we'll get it done "professionally".

Moral : Don't be fooled by appearances.

kids these days - shaking head. What will they do next?

(what an amazing son you've got - tell him thank you for me please)

V99

Fingers, you should be very proud of your son. Tell him a lot of people think he is amazing for doing this.

I'm not involved in the study, but it will effect me, so thank you to those involved. X

fingers2022

kids these days - shaking head. What will they do next?

(what an amazing son you've got - tell him thank you for me please)

IF, as ever. you are a light in the darkness. I thank you personally for that.

And to all here,
We can appreciate your concerns and caution - Blackbird, no offence taken - there are many out there who do not have our best interests at heart, and you are right to be suspicious (unfortunately, it is not a trait I am blessed with).

We are also acutely aware of our lack of "professionalism", and to be honest, I am quite proud of that.

We would like to think that we share your common goal of Truth. That is all. And if we can smooth the way to understanding the truth, we will die happy.

Steve

blackbird

caged.
sorry about that guys.

You just never know what people will get up to.
Maybe I'm crediting the psych lobby with more knowledge of what testing and info is coming from those actually looking for a cure.
Or crediting them with less ego than they have. (As if they'd condescend to be looking at forums like these).

The thing that made me worry was the mismatch between the look of the site, and the fact it was collecting info from people.
Though it was only email addresses I suppose.

I hope it works well. If I'd known more background, I doubt I'd have jumped at it.
Nice work for a 12 year old too, or can they all do that these days?

(I took the names out of previous posts, anonimity is hard enough to keep on the web without someone else outing you).

Countrygirl

I just want to add that I am working on the site too...we are very grateful to Fingers' son for all his help! Unfortunately we are not professional IT consultants and to be honest pretty impressed that we got this far!!! We are CFS/ME sufferers like you who want to help and make a difference with CFS/ME and to ensure the truth of XMRV is told. We will put something on the 'About Us' page very soon but thought that it was more important to get the site up and running first...can sort out all the other bits later. I hope that this puts your mind at ease. I want this UK Study to succeed, I am XMRV +ve, as you know I am not the only one here in the UK but we do need some more company!!! x

Okay,okay, I capitulate and confess that I am the third member of the trio who is trying to facilitate the communication between the WPI, the test participants and PSI. We are setting the whole project up in rather a rush with the valiant aid of finger's 12 year-old son. We are ironing out the glitches and hopefully things will soon run like clockwork and we will great news from the U.K.in time. We know some have already tested positive before the test, so here's now hoping for a deluge of many more.

Remember we are all ill ourselves and are having to give an enormous amount of our entire energy-time for the foreseeable future to ensure all goes well. :D :cool::worried:

With warmest wishes,

Countrygirl

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
Good luck to everyone involved with the site! Thanks for doing it.

Please don't waste too much time on looks. Really the site is fine as is. I like the plain no-nonsense style.

Adam

Fingers. JAS. Countrygirl et al (is there an et al? or are you and Fingers son the gang of four) Many thanks for all your efforts. Positive stuff. I just want positive stuff and nothing else. Don't even think of it anyone feeling negative.

Special thanks to Fingers son. I could not construct a one story deck of cards let alone a website.

Nice one.

Adam

thegodofpleasure

Player in a Greek Tragedy
Thankyou to the gang of 4

Thanks from me too. :D
It is a v. good thing that you are doing - taking on some of the workload. I guess that it feels good to be doing something to help the cause.
Not many 12 Yr olds can claim that they have built a website to service cutting edge international research. That'll look good when you write your first C.V. / personal statement for Uni applications "Little Fingers" :victory:
Who came up with the idea of the website and managing the flow of emails to & from Dr. M ?
Thanks again

TGOP :Retro smile: :Retro smile: :Retro smile:

Countrygirl

To Adam and thegodofpleasure,

Many thanks for your encouragement. :Retro smile: :Retro smile:

The U.K. Gang of Four ;) :cool:

mermaid

Thank you to the 4 of you involved in this website - very grateful for you setting this up! I will rely on fellow Endlanders to keep me informed of when our time comes.